- 15 Nov 2023
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
DIY Soil Sampling Training Day
Join fellow farmers & DPIRD Officers to learn how to collect accurate soil samples on your farm.
By the end of the day you will know how to:
- Take accurate soil samples that represent your farm.
- Set-up the sampling drill and auger.
- GPS your sample locations.
- Use sample bags correctly.
This training is mandatory for all participants of the Healthy Estuaries WA and Soil Wise DIY soil sampling program, but everyone is welcome.
Get ready! To prepare for the day and get the best out of it you will need to:
- Watch the short training videos before attending the field day.
- Respect biosecurity on our host’s property.
- Dress appropriately (hat, boots, fly net etc.).
- Bring a water bottle and sunscreen.
- If possible, bring a charged smart phone or tablet with a SIM card slot (doesn’t need a sim).
- Install FileMaker Go 19 if using iPhone or iPad.
- If possible, bring a charged battery drill.
When? Wednesday 15 November, 9am to 12pm
Where? 325 Rocky Rd, Forrest Grove
What else? Hands on training and morning tea provided
This project is part of Healthy Estuaries WA, State Government initiatives to improve the health of our South West estuaries. It is supported by Soil Wise. Soil Wise is funded by the National Landcare Program – an Australian Government initiative