- 09 Nov 2022
- 9:30 am
DIY Soil Sampling Training Day
Join fellow farmers to learn how to collect accurate soil samples on your farm. The day will include hands on training and a yummy morning tea!
Training will be provided by DPIRD officers.
You will learn how to:
- Take accurate soil samples that represent your farm.
- Set-up the sampling drill and auger.
- GPS your sample locations.
- Use sample bags correctly.
Preparing for the training:
- Watch the short training videos sent by DPIRD before attending the field day.
- Respect biosecurity on our host’s property.
- Dress appropriately (hat, boots, fly net etc.).
- Bring a water bottle and sunscreen.
- If possible, bring a charged iPhone or iPad with a SIM card slot (can be empty) and FileMaker Go installed.
- If possible, bring a charged battery drill.
Please Note: This training is mandatory for all participants of the DIY soil sampling program, but everyone is welcome.
This project is part of Healthy Estuaries WA, State Government initiatives to improve the water quality of the estuary. Soil Wise is funded by the National Landcare Program – an Australian Government initiative.