Declared weed control support in the Lower Blackwood
This project enables the Lower Blackwood LCDC to work collaboratively with landholders, local government and DBCA to undertake priority declared weed control work in the Lower Blackwood Catchment, building on previous weed control works that have been undertaken by the LCDC and Lower Blackwood land managers.
Project activities include:
- A 50% funding incentive for landholders to put towards weed control contractor costs for declared weed control works along their riparian zones and remnant bushland.
- Lower Blackwood landholders will be entitled to free arum lily chemical and advice on its use.
- Data on the level of declared weed populations in the Lower Blackwood Catchment will be collected and mapped to assist in the design and focus of future control work
- A Scott River sub-catchment WeedWork group consisting of landholders, DBCA, local government and other key stakeholders will be established to focus on the mapping and control of weedy wattles and other key weeds in the Scott River sub-catchment.
- A WeedWork Resource Toolkit will be developed to include information on priority declared weeds and their control,
- 2 x landholder workshops will be held during the project
- Weed mapping support for landholders with a significant spread of declared weed infestations.- All weed control and infestation data mapped on the LBLCDC’s GIS mapping system.