Soil is the lifeblood of agriculture and is fundamental to our survival. Healthy soils are essential for healthy plant growth, food production for human nutrition and ecosystem services such as clean water and air. Healthy soils help to regulate the Earth’s climate and store more carbon than all of the world’s forests combined.
This presentaiton by internationally respected author, educator, & farmer, Graeme Sait, will give farmers a deeper understanding of how soils function, what factors may be the limiting their soils productivity, & what steps they can take to ‘breathe life’ into their soils for year round soil health.
Topics covered include:
- Soil Health – the interplay between minerals, microbes & plant biodiversity
- The Magic & Myth of Cover Crops
- Removing the Guess Work – Super Cool Monitoring Tools
- Determine Your Limiting Factors – Soil and Leaf testing
- Put the Microbes Behind the Minerals